Collaborate with a super-fun group of designers, developers, and strategists at a small (16 person and growing) agency located in SE Portland.
At Murmur Creative, we’re obsessed with helping our clients grow. If you love seeing web and branding projects through from start to finish–all the while fine-tuning and optimizing content for usability, design, and effectiveness–this job might be for you.
You’re proactive. You’re highly motivated. You like puns. You’re a strong communicator and an excellent writer and strategist. You must be web-savvy and familiar with SEO, UI/UX concepts, and strategy. You love data and analytics. You have strong customer/client relationship skills. And you have at least 2 years experience in digital marketing, content strategy, SEO, or related work.
The Content Strategist reports directly to the Director of Strategy. The Content Strategist’s job is to determine strategy and produce content for websites by considering user experience, brand strategy, specific client needs, and best practices for the web. The Content Strategist also works closely with designers to make sure that all content is accounted for and implemented correctly.
- Understand: and internalize Our Values
- Work: closely with clients to collect and hone content for websites
- Create: copy, sitemaps, content audits, and strategy documents
- Edit: and proofread copy so that it follows style guides, is on-brand, and is free from errors. (you’re as picky about prepositions as you are about a client’s business goals)
- Populate: websites with copy and content
- Research: businesses and formulate strategies for messaging and voice
- Analyze: website data for key insights and actionable solutions
- Present: to clients and your team. Support the Strategy Director during client meetings and help prepare pitch materials.
- Strategize: collaborate with the creative team on innovative communication ideas for the digital space
- Conceptualize: working closely with other creatives on finding and developing solutions
- Learn & teach: you’re expected to keep up on industry trends, to share your knowledge and to learn from your peers
- Participate: in events and social activities
- Perform: other duties as needed and directed
- Experience using web-based content management systems and other databases
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience researching for new projects
- Experience copywriting for digital platforms
- Ability to execute brand strategy and SEO strategy.
- Copy, paste, format, and copyedit
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize own workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- You don’t have to be a wizard, but you should be eager to learn
The salary range for this position is: 40-55k
- Free Beer & Kombucha on tap!
- 3 Weeks PTO + Paid Holidays
- Free Coffee!
- Awesome Silver Level Health Benefits + Dental
- Free Snacks!
- Free Lunch on Wednesday!
- Company camping trip, holiday parties, and more
- Performance bonuses based on profits
How to Apply:
Please do not include photos or links to social networks.
Send the following to Chris Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- cover letter
- relevant work examples (and your role in the project)