Join Murmur Creative as our new Strategy Intern, and work with a super-fun group of strategists, designers, and developers. We are a close knit (18 person) branding and web design agency located in SE Portland. Currently our whole team is working remotely, and this will continue for the foreseeable future until it is safe to be in an office environment again. Interns do not need to live locally, but should be able to work the majority of their hours between 9am-5pm PST.
At Murmur Creative, we’re obsessed with helping our clients grow and giving back to our employees, community, and planet. We are a certified B-Corporation. We are looking for someone who is ready to dive in and gain real industry experience in brand strategy, web content strategy, copywriting, and more.
This internship is ideal for someone who has recently graduated, who is in a graduate program or the final years of an undergraduate program, or who is a career-changer with professional experience in another industry.
This is a temporary part time internship with up to 20 hours per week for 3 months paid at $20hr.
At Murmur we believe that creativity thrives on diversity. We aim to encourage and empower employees, clients, and partners of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. We encourage applicants who are Black, Asian, Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander and all other nationalities and races to apply. We encourage members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply. We are a safe place and our goal is to make the world safer along our journey. We are against hate and bigotry in all its forms. Black Lives Matter.
You are curious and love to learn. You’re proactive and highly motivated. You don’t hesitate to ask questions! You’re passionate about strategy. You have experience working on content for websites. You work well with others. You’re a strong communicator with a dedication to finding the right words for every situation. You combine creativity and analysis to discover unique pathways.
The strategy intern will have the chance to assist with the full variety of strategy work at a small creative agency, spending time on both web and brand strategy projects.
- Write and Edit: web copy, social media copy, strategy briefs, and more
- Research: competitor landscapes, industry and consumer trends, case studies and brand examples
- Audit: websites, messaging, and branding
- Organize: web content, workshop findings, and client research
- Collaborate: with the strategy team and cross-functionally across other internal teams
- Multitask: work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Contribute: to web content entry, data entry, SEO work, workshop preparation, and other elements of the web and brand strategy processes
- An interest in general strategy, including web strategy and brand strategy
- Strong communication skills, including copywriting and copyediting experience
- Web savvy, including experience with website management systems (WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace, etc)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The ability to work remotely
- Research experience (competitive landscape, consumer trends, positioning, industry)
- Experience and/or education in branding, marketing, websites, advertising, journalism, writing, or similar areas
- Experience researching competitive brand landscapes, consumer trends, brand positioning, and brand industries
How to Apply:
Send the following to The Strategy Team at email@example.com:
- cover letter
- [Optional] relevant work examples (or link to portfolio)