As an agency, Murmur Creative mourns the loss of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, Rayshard Brooks, and countless others. We stand in solidarity with those protesting these murders, fighting to end ongoing police brutality, and working to re-imagine our broken criminal justice system. We recognize the upwelling of pain and outrage across the world as a long overdue response to generations of oppression of Black communities.
It is our collective responsibility to end white supremacy and systemic racism. We know that speaking out in solidarity is vital, but also understand that statements of solidarity mean nothing without actions and accountability. We are dedicated to making purposeful and lasting change, and we know that this requires us to continue to educate ourselves and amplify Black voices.
We are committed to supporting the Black Lives Matter movement in the long term; dismantling systemic racism and inequity is a lifelong fight. We will hold ourselves accountable by continuing to examine our company policies and ourselves to ensure our actions align with our beliefs.
We are starting by:
- Hiring a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) firm to examine hiring policies and culture
- Designating a yearly pro bono budget for working with anti-racist nonprofits
- Initiating a sustaining yearly donation to Imagine Black, formally known as, Portland African American Leadership Forum (PAALF)
- Matching employee donations to nonprofit organizations
- Partnering with other agencies to increase our impact