Roughly 20% of adults require accessibility accommodations in order to experience and interact with websites easily. This means that making your website accessible will not only protect you from litigation and help your users, it will also significantly improve your bottom line.
Why Accesible Websites are Important
ADA compliance is the law (and it applies to websites too!)
Recent rulings in U.S. courts has made website accessibility an imperative. Businesses whose websites don’t meet WCAG standards run the risk of being sued. While ADA guidelines do not currently spell out exactly what web guidelines need to be adhered to, WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 are currently the industry standard.
At Murmur we can build your site so it meets WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines. This will make it easy for seeing impaired people to navigate your website with a screen reader. We will also make sure your site is easy to navigable by people with other impairments such as hearing loss, color blindness, and issues of mobility.
Examples of Accessibility Optimization (WCAG 2.1 AA Criteria)
- Text alternatives for non-text content
- Color and contrast optimization
- Link and link-state identification
- Text size optimization across devices
- Web pages navigable by keyboard
- Character key shortcuts
- Heading and label optimization
- Navigation optimization
- Error identification and suggestions
- HTML solutions for non-compliant PDFs
- Captions for video content
- And much more! Learn more about WCAG here
Concerned about the accessibility of your current website? We can help!
Murmur Creative offers a comprehensive accessibility audit in order to identify compliance issues that may get you in trouble and suggest solutions to fix those issues.
Give us a ring today!